As a transitional step, this site will temporarily be made Read-Only from July 8th until the new community launch. During this time, you can still search and read articles and discussions.
While the community is read-only, if you have questions or issues requiring TIBCO review/response, please access the new TIBCO Community and select "Ask A Question."
You will need to register or log in or register to engage in the new community.
TIBCO Hawk vs TIBCO OI Hawk vs TIBCO OI Hawk RedTail
TIBCO Operational Intelligence Hawk® (Formerly TIBCO Hawk®) and TIBCO Operational Intelligence Hawk® RedTail provide the industry's best, sophisticated tool for monitoring and managing distributed applications and systems throughout the enterprise. With Hawk, system administrators can monitor application parameters, behavior, and loading activities for all nodes in a local or wide-area network and take action when pre-defined conditions occur. In many cases, runtime failures or slowdowns can be repaired automatically within seconds of their discovery, reducing unscheduled outages and slowdowns of critical business systems.
TIBCO® Operational Intelligence Hawk® is a sophisticated tool for system administrators to:
- Monitoring and managing distributed applications and systems throughout the enterprise.
- Monitor application parameters, behavior, and loading activities for all nodes in a local or wide-area network and take action when predefined conditions occur.
- Automatically repair runtime failures or slowdowns within seconds of their discovery, thereby reducing unscheduled outages and slowdowns of critical business systems
TIBCO® OI Hawk® RedTail is built on TIBCO® OI Hawk® and offers the same core functionality, plus additional advanced monitoring capabilities as follows:
- Collect and Store Metrics: Collect metrics from various Hawk microagents and external metric sources, and store them in the time-series database.
- Customizable Dashboards: visualize the time-series metrics and also configure multiple queries within them.
- Unified Query Language: Operational Intelligence Query Language to query the stored time-series metrics in the form of Data Models.
- Tag-based Rulebases: creating high-level Rulebases with Tags that can match microagents, so that the Rulebases can be automatically deployed to all the
- Content Pack: A curated collection of monitoring and visualization resources - out of the box product or environment-specific view.
- Integration with TIBCO LogLogic® Log Management Intelligence: capabilities to forwarding and searching log data remotely.
You can enable the advanced monitoring capabilities in TIBCO OI Hawk RedTail with the “TIBCO® Operational Intelligence Hawk® RedTail - Standard Edition License”
|OI Hawk||OI Hawk CE||OI Hawk RedTail CE|
|Centralized Management Console||x||x||x|
|Centralized Rulebase Management||x||x||x|
|Centralized Collectors and Forwarders||x|
|Persistent Hawk Alerts Storage||x||x||x|
|Multiple Hawk Domains||x|
|Hawk Rulebbase w/Remediation||x||x||x|
|Bulk Import and Export of Hawk rulebases||x||x||x|
|Support for Unattended Install||x||x||x|
|LDAP based user authentication||x||x||x|
|Java 11 Support||x||x||x|
|Open JDK Support||x||x||x|
|Advanced Metric Exporters||x|
|Tag based Rulebases||x|
|MicroAgents, Adaptors, Plugins, Exporters|
|Hawk Universal Collector mA||x||x||x|
|Docker Host mA||x||x|
|Prometheus Exporters *||x|
|* Support for Prometheus Exporters are limited to Static Targets or Kubernetes service discovery
- RT can not see the exporters if they use other types of directory services other then K8