As a transitional step, this site will temporarily be made Read-Only from July 8th until the new community launch. During this time, you can still search and read articles and discussions.
While the community is read-only, if you have questions or issues requiring TIBCO review/response, please access the new TIBCO Community and select "Ask A Question."
You will need to register or log in or register to engage in the new community.
COVID-19 Spotfire DXP Template
COVID-19 Starter Template for TIBCO Spotfire
The downloadable DXP files allow users and partners to get started with COVID-19 analysis quickly by providing a variety of useful data sets:
- Johns Hopkins University CSSE Public data on global Coronavirus Cases, Deaths, and Recoveries at the Country, Province, and US County level
- US Census Bureau data on populations at the Country, US Province, and US County level
- Disease Virulence data aggregated from multiple sources for various diseases
The Johns Hopkins data connects to a GitHub repository and enables a daily refresh, so users may always have the latest available data. The Spotfire DXP cleans and preps this data for easy analysis, including using standardized Country, Province, and County Codes which are directly usable with Geocoding tables provided in the Spotfire Library by default, in the "GeoAnalytics" folder.
At this time, the DXP is provided from Spotfire 10.3 LTS. This ensures compatibility for Spotfire 10.2+. Any other versions of Spotfire are not currently supported by TIBCO and therefore not guaranteed compatible with this Starter DXP.
You may download the DXP from the attachment at the bottom of this page
Tips and Tutorials
Watch video series on building your own COVID-19 app!
Data can be mapped using automatic geocoding in Spotfire. To do this, certain columns are matched to in-built Geocoding tables:
|Level||Source Column||Geocoding Table||Geocoding Column|
|US County||County Code||USA Counties||County Code|
(or 'USA States' for US only)
(or 'State' for USA States Table)
|Countries||Country ISO3||World Country||Country ISO3|
Learn how to use Geocoding Tables in this video
- March 18, 2020
- Version 1 provided
- Uses data for Cases, Deaths, and Recoveries from Johns Hopkins for World Countries and some Provinces
- Includes Virulence Data
- April 5 2020
- Version 2 provided
- Adapts to new Johns Hopkins data schema (changed April 1, 2020)
- Recovery data by US States deprecated
- Cases, Deaths data for US Counties added
- Population data for Countries, US States, US Counties added
- "Data Schema" page removed -- no longer needed as data prep flows are greatly simplified
- April 29 2020
- US States Population table corrected
- June 17 2020
- Included SuperSmoother and Polygon Area Data Functions
Copyright © 2020 TIBCO Software Inc.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
3. Neither the name of TIBCO Software Inc. nor the names of any contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT OWNER AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE